Multi-Phase Chemical Agent Detector (MPCAD)
MPCAD is a portable mass-spectrometer that can be easily taken into an area where a suspected chemical attack has occurred to analyze solid, liquid, or vapor samples and return laboratory-grade field confirmation.
MPCAD, also known by its brand name CHEMERATM, is a portable mass-spectrometer that can be easily taken into an area where a suspected chemical attack has occurred. With improved speed and sensitivity, CHEMERA can analyze solid, liquid, or vapor samples and return laboratory-grade field confirmation, enabling real-time decision-making when and where it matters. Benefits of the MPCAD system include:
- Eliminates capability gaps in chemical detection
- Field-portable, multi-modal, and based on advanced algorithms
- Laboratory-grade performance in field ready package
- Low cost and easy to operate
- Ruggedized for operating in extreme environments and in all PPE levels
Domenix personnel supported the development of CHEMERA in creating the user interface and the software that coordinates the interactions between the power subsystem, the mass spec, and algorithm software components, as well as overall testing of the system.